Yoga We Teach
We look forward to training you in the Krishnamacharya tradition so that you may share authentic Yoga practices with your future students. Sri T. Krishnamacharya is regarded as the grandfather of modern Yoga. Through his teachings, Krishnamacharya emphasized that techniques should evolve to meet the needs of the individual at the given moment, rather than insisting on one particular technique. He lived for over 100 years and taught until the last few days of his life. Today, his teachings have become popular through many of his students, especially TKV Desikachar, BKS Iyengar, Pattabhi Jois and Indra Devi.
Professor Tirumalai Krishnamacharya (November 18, 1888 – February 28, 1989) was an Indian yoga teacher, ayurvedic healer, and scholar. Often referred to as “the father of modern yoga,” Krishnamacharya is widely regarded as one of the most influential yoga teachers of the 20th century and is credited with the revival of hatha yoga.
Tirumalai Krishnamacharya Venkata Desikachar (21 June 1938 – 8 August 2016), was a modern-day yoga teacher, whose father was the Indian yoga teacher, Tirumalai Krishnamacharya. In the West, there are several significant contemporary approaches to Hatha-Yoga, which are based on traditional teachings to varying degrees and which also utilize Yoga’s therapeutic potential. The most traditional orientation,[which goes by the modern generic name of the Viniyoga (application) of Yoga, is found in the school of Tirumalai Krishnamacharya (1888-1989) and his son T. K. V. Desikachar.
Benefits of yoga for kids
- Kid’s yoga increases self-esteem.
- Yoga strengthens the immune system of kids.
- Yoga increases concentration, focus, and attention.
- Yoga decreases anxiety and increases the ability to relax.
- Yoga increases trust, compassion, teamwork and leadership skills.
- Yoga improves digestion and eases gas pains for children.
- Yoga helps improve strength and flexibility during this important growth period.
- Yoga helps to release stress and breathe well, getting more oxygen to their brain.
Complete List of Classes & Online Payment
For your convenience, we have included the ability to pay for classes online prior to visiting the studio. However, feel free to do so when you come into class.